Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
If you like everything bagels, you’ll want to have a jar of this everything bagel seasoning in your pantry to add to everything from chicken to cheese balls to avocado toast!
Fact: Everything bagels are the best bagels there are. If you disagree you can fight me.
Is a bagel even worth it if it’s not coated in a heavy blanket of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, salt, and onion? I mean, maybe if there’s some really good cream cheese, or smoked salmon. But even with those other perks, the everything bagel seasoning blend really brings it to another level.
And if it can do so much for a bagel, just imagine what it can do for your other favorite foods! On scrambled eggs? So much better. Coating a cheese ball? To die for. Sprinkled over hummus? Everyone will be clamoring for that first scoop on top.
Avocado toast, chicken, popcorn, potato salad, you name it, it’s better with everything bagel seasoning. The sky’s the limit.
You may know I’m a big fan of making my own spice blends to keep in the pantry, like this blackened seasoning. They’re easy to whip up in just a few minutes and so convenient to have on hand to add a quick punch of flavor to whatever you’re cooking. And you can customize them to your preferences, like if you want to add more or less salt.
This recipe is another one that’s great to have around for when something just needs that extra kick of texture and flavor.
What’s in everything bagel seasoning?
It’s a pretty simple blend consisting of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic and onion flakes, and flaky salt (I use kosher, you can use sea salt if you wish.) You can use both black and white sesame seeds if you’d like, but I just used white here.
What are some everything bagel seasoning uses?
There’s so much you can do with everything bagel seasoning! Here are a few examples:
- Sprinkle on avocado toast
- Add to scrambled or hard boiled eggs
- Mix cream cheese with ranch dressing mix, then roll in everything bagel seasoning to make a delicious cheese ball
- Toss with popcorn
- Add to a green salad or a potato salad
- Sprinkle over hummus
- Mix with mayo, cream cheese, sour cream, and chives for an everything bagel dip. Serve with bagel chips.
- Use as a spice rub for bone-in, skin-on chicken and bake it
- Brush olive oil on sandwich rolls or sliders, then sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning and bake
- Add to a classic tomato-mayo sandwich on white bread (I like my tomato sandwiches pretty classic, but I think this would be a great variation!)
- Sprinkle on tomato slices or a tuna melt
The list goes on! I’m getting hungry just looking at all these ideas. Yummm!
So whip up a batch of this everything bagel seasoning blend, put it in a cute airtight jar, and let your imagination go wild!
Like this everything bagel seasoning recipe? Try these other homemade sauces and spices!
- Homemade Blackened Seasoning for the Pantry
- Mustard-based South Carolina BBQ sauce
- Pineapple teriyaki marinade
Be sure to FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and TWITTER for more great recipe ideas! Or SIGN UP for my EMAIL NEWSLETTER to get updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a 3 oz. jar.
- Enjoy on scrambled eggs, avocado toast, roasted chicken, and anything else you can think of!