Saffron Pasta with Chicken, Eggplant, and Bell Pepper
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 people
Saffron pasta with eggplant, chicken, bell pepper, and pine nuts may look fancy, but it comes together very easily for a simple weeknight dinner!
Cut bell peppers into curved slices about 1-2 inches long. Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch slices and then into 1/2-inch by 1 1/2-inch pieces (see photo).
Preheat sauté pan to medium high. Coat chicken breast with 1 tbsp olive oil and season both sides with seasoned sea salt, about 1/4-1/2 tsp. Cook for 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes and then slice.
While chicken is resting, add 2 tbsp olive oil to the pan and sauté vegetables over medium high heat 5-7 minutes or until softened. Season with 1/2-1 tsp seasoned sea salt.
Add pine nuts and cook until just toasted, about a minute.
Meanwhile, cook saffron pasta until al dente. Add pasta to the sauté pan with the veggies. Add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and toss until well combined. Add seasoned sea salt to taste.
Serve pasta topped with vegetables and chicken slices. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top, if desired.
If you don't have fresh saffron pasta
- Make some fresh saffron pasta yourself.
- Order some dried saffron pasta from Amazon.
- Use regular fettuccine or linguini, but crumble a pinch of saffron threads into either your pasta water as you cook your noodles, or in with your veggies as you sauté them.
- Use saffron spray on regular linguini or fettuccine.
- Add a bit of turmeric into your pasta water for regular linguini or fettuccine - you'll have a slightly different flavor but you'll get that nice yellow color.
- Use plain linguini or fettuccine.
If you don't have seasoned sea salt
, make your own with:
- 1 tbsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes